Tue, 15 Aug|
Exploring for the Future program online public Showcase
The Australian Government’s Exploring for the Future program, led by Geoscience Australia, will be holding an online public Showcase on 15–17 August 2023.
Time & Location
15 Aug, 9:00 am AEST – 17 Aug, 5:00 pm AEST
About the event
Since 2016, the $225m Exploring for the Future program has been gathering, analysing and providing precompetitive geoscience data, information and tools to help inform decision-making by government, community and industry on the sustainable development of Australia's mineral, energy and groundwater resources, supporting our transition to net zero.
Please join us online at the 2023 Showcase on 15–17 August as Dr Andrew Heap (Chief of Minerals, Energy and Groundwater Division, Geoscience Australia) and a team of geoscience experts present the latest precompetitive geoscience results from the Exploring for the Future program, including:
• a panel discussion with senior leaders from industry, science and government sectors focusing on the value of precompetitive geoscience to addressing key challenges facing the country
• new data releases, geological insights and interpretations
• technical workshops on specific Exploring for the Future program themes
• open Q&A sessions – a fantastic opportunity to discuss topics of interest and engage directly with our scientists.
The Showcase panelists include:
• Dr Andrew Heap (Chief of Division, Minerals, Energy and Groundwater, Geoscience Australia)
• Anthea Long (Head of Division, Minerals and Resources, Department of Industry, Science and Resources)
• Andrew McConville (Chief Executive Officer, Murray Darling Basin Authority)
• Dr Jon Hronsky (Director, Western Mining Services)
• Glenn Toogood (General Manager Hydrogen and Clean Fuels, entX).
Please view the full Showcase program and register today for all or selected sessions.